Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Final Thoughts Month of January: Blog 4- Letters from Mom & Mimi

Dear Ellie,

It makes no sense but you and I had a conversation about college already even though you are only in preschool (it made me giggle and swell with adoration and pride with your response).

Final Thought: Follow your heart and your dreams.

In the past, if anyone asked you what you wanted to be when you grow up, you would reply, “Stay with my mama.”  The only way you would agree to go to a university or get a job is if you could live at home and teach with me.  But recently your tune has changed.  You are now saying that you want to be a doctor (although you aren’t sure what kind but you are curious as to all of the different types).  I think the realistic doctor kit that Santa brought you (filled with x-rays, an eye chart, a working stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, prescription pads and bottles filled with candy, bandages, clipboard with patient charts, a diploma, and an anatomy poster- everything a real office would have) influenced your thought process and glamorized the profession for you.  


I had to laugh though because when you first saw the set, you immediately said aloud, “I guess Santa goes to Chick-Filet.”  I asked you what would make you think that (assuming you would guess he got hungry and likes the same food joint as you do) but you replied, “The wipes from this doctors office are the same ones they have there.  He must have picked them up on his way here.”  You are observant and think so far outside of the box.

I’m sure that you will change your mind a dozen more times but I would imagine that I won’t ever hear you say that you want to be with me forever again- another sign that you are growing up my dear.  Know that I love you very much and will support you in achieving your goals but also know that our home will always be your home with an open door. 

And do remember that work and money aren’t everything; consider other outlets that bring you happiness- family and hobbies.  It’s a constant juggling act (filled with sacrifices) as I am still figuring out.  

I love you my forward thinking daughter!
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment