Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Final Thoughts Month of January: Blog 2- Letters from Mom & Mimi

Dear Ellie,

Happy 2015 Sweet Girl!

Final Thought: Slow down. 

With the New Year brings new goals.  Mine is to stay in the moment and be present.  After an amazing month and half of holiday craziness, I found myself craving our routine (we were watching too much tv and reading too few books).  I found myself saying to you often, “I missed you today,” despite us being in the same house.  Saying that aloud made me really hear the words… “I missed you today,” when you were right there but I was too busy wrapping presents, sending cards, decorating, and finding a million more things to do except taking advantage of time with my beautiful children.

Your resolutions for 2015 are: to say I love you more and to spend more time with Poppy.  My prompt for you to understand the word resolution was, “What are things you can do to be a better person in 2015”.  Of course, coming off of a fun afternoon with your Poppy (Chick Filet, bowling, and Sweet Frog), I would completely agree with that second resolution too!  
He brings you many smiles!

But I have to say that although I know everyone has room to improve, I am so proud of who you are now.  Here is a beautiful example.  I loved that after opening only two presents on Christmas morning, you stopped (despite the large pile in front of you), came over and wanted me to open the gifts you lovingly and thoughtfully picked out.  The first was a cat ornament you chose because you thought it would remind me of my cat that I had as a little girl.  The second was a star bracelet (actually I should say stars because there are multiple sizes, some with sparkles that dangle from the gold band), which you bought while shopping with your Dad.  
He was trying to steer you toward the scarves and long necklaces but you told him you knew I would love this best of all.  And Ellie, I do.  I will keep it forever. 

May 2015 bring you much happiness and love Ellie!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment