Thursday, September 19, 2013

Life Lessons Month of September: Blog 3- Letters from Mom & Mimi



Hi Ellie (I can’t say good morning as I am writing this blog late in the day.)! 

I’ve been procrastinating a bit as I have a doozy of a head cold, which is my excuse for not being able to focus for very long!  Anyway, I have two ideas to go with.  The first has to do with “connections” and will take some very deep thought… the second is about nonsensical giggling.  I think I am going to go with the second idea, as I know it will distract me from my annoying runny nose, which has been interfering with my “deep level thinking stage” all day! … Or so I would like to believe!   So here goes:

Life Lessons Learned #29:  There is always a time and a place to be silly!

As always my dear Ellie, it is you who inspires me.  After leaving church today your Mommy and I decided to stop at Pier 1 to do a quick power shopping venture.  On the way there, your Mommy was reminding me of some important ‘happenings’ that I should enter in my blog if I went with my first idea.   One of her suggestions was a brain-game that the three of us played during our sleepover (which I will share in my next blog).  But the quick mention of the word “cow” from the animal category in the brain-game triggered another memory for you that was in the form of a joke.  And you asked your Mommy to repeat it, which was then followed by a whole slew of silly anecdotes that each of us took turns asking the other.  The first one was of course told by your Mommy and went like this:

Mommy:  Where do cows go on date night?
Ellie:  The barn?
Mimi:  The pasture?
Mommy:  Nope.  The MOOvies!
Ellie and Mimi: Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Ellie’s turn.
Ellie: Knock knock.
Mommy and Mimi:  Who’s there?
Ellie: Shut the door!
Mommy, Mimi and Ellie: Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Mimi’s turn.
Mimi:  Knock knock.
Ellie and Mommy: Who’s there?
Mimi: Queen.
Ellie and Mommy: Queen who?
Mimi: Queen the dishes please!
Ellie and Mommy:  Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Ellie’s turn.
Ellie:  What am I… the good witch?
Mommy:  I give up.
Mimi:  I give up too.
Ellie: I’m Glenda!
Mommy, Mimi and Ellie:  Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Mommy’s Turn.
Mommy: What did the sad ghost say?
Mimi: Waa, Waa?
Ellie:  Boo Hoo?
Mommy:  Yeahhhhh…. Ellie you are right!
Mimi and Ellie:  Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Ellie’s turn.
Ellie:  Do you have a frigerator?
Mommy and Mimi:  Yes I do.
Ellie:  Is your frigerator running?
Mommy and Mimi:  Yes it is.
Ellie:  Better catch it!
Mommy, Mimi and Ellie:  Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Mimi’s Turn.
Mimi:  What did the bird say on Halloween?
Mommy:  Chirp, chirp?
Ellie:  I don’t know.
Mimi:  Trick or Tweet!
Mommy and Ellie:  Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Ellie’s Turn.
Ellie:  What am I… the bad witch?
Mommy:  Glenda?
Ellie:  Nope.
Mimi:  The wicked witch of the West?
Ellie:  pause … pause some more
Ellie:  YESSSSS Mimi… you’re right!
Mommy, Mimi and Ellie:  Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Ellie…  upon arriving at Pier 1 we thought it best to put these silly jokes on hold while we shopped, but we quickly resumed them per your request as soon as we got back into the car.  And the more we told, the sillier they got as we drove home.  The Lesson Learned here? … Nonsensical giggling is not only the best medicine for distractions of such things like the common cold, but nonsensical giggling can also start your day out on a perfect note!  Thanks El!   A dose of you makes my whole day happy even when I am not feeling my best!

I love you my little Lucille Ball!
Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment