Thursday, August 28, 2014

Final Thoughts Month of August: Blog 5- Letters from Mom & Mimi

Hi Ellie!

Can you believe it?  Summer is quickly coming to an end… and the telltale sign is that school has officially started this week!  So for our blog I thought it would be fun to share my poem on ‘a first day’.

Final Thought:  Knowledge is a wonderful thing Ellie.  So use ‘the tools’ available to you as you grow.  School is what you make of it … remember, you are your own destiny!  As Nelson Mandela stated: “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”  You have that capability sweetheart!

The First Day of School

A special day is here.
It’s the first day of school.
It has to be just right.
I want it to be cool.
So I set my alarm.
It rings at six o’clock.
I reach for my T-shirt,
My sneakers and red socks.
I walk into the bathroom.
Brush my teeth and wash my face.
I comb my messy hair,
And leave the bathroom a disgrace.
I skip down to the kitchen.
Eat an egg and slice of toast.
I gulp down some orange juice,
And leave the kitchen pretty gross.
I jump throughout the hallway,
To find my green backpack
That’s overstuffed with school supplies,
And leave the hall ransacked.
It’s time to catch the bus.
So out the door I run.
It’s my first day of school.
It’s going to be so fun!
When I get to the schoolyard,
The teacher is amazed.
She points at my choice outfit.
I’m still wearing my PJ’s!
It certainly is quite special.
This first day of school.
My rush to make it perfect,
Has left me for a fool!

By: Mickey Russell

I love you Ellie-bean!
Mimi



No comments:

Post a Comment