Thursday, January 9, 2014

Life Lessons Month of January: Blog 2- Letters from Mom & Mimi


Hi Ellie,

One of our family friends’ sons, aged 6, asked you what you wanted to be when you grow up (after he told you he was going to be a doctor before becoming president).  You responded that you just want to live with your Mom.  I had to stifle my giggles Ellie (as I know that you are still coming out of your attachment phase since bringing Will into the family).  I adore that you love living with us in this house but I need to remember to tell you this story when you become a teenager (when you will probably try to distance yourself from us).  I also think I should have more conversations with you regarding occupations and goals (everyone who knows you would agree that you have drive, my stubborn girl)!    

Life Lessoned Learned #45:  Remember your dreams.  Although they might change, they tell a lot about who you are now and where you are going.

The story above made me question what your real nightly dreams are like.  Here are eight dreams you shared with me in some mornings over a period of a month (as quoted by you):

1.     I bought a monkey at the grocery store.
2.     I was the best ballerina and did the most perfect spins.
3.     I did a funny dance for you & Daddy.
4.     I was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and they (as in the characters on the show) were wearing capes.  Someone asked me what I wanted to watch on tv and I didn’t say anything. 
5.     I saw Tinkerbelle making a tree.  She was cutting a branch.  And then she flew away.
6.     A pterodactyl landed in a volcano that was actually a bath.  And then a monster came along.
7.     I was whooshing in ballet and I had a cupcake decoration on my head (given to me by Miss Nicole).
8.     I went to a party with Mimi and we played a game with giant pennies.

So right now based on your dreams, I surmised your stressors are monsters, baths (I assume because you hate having your hair washed), and things out of place (which is true my little compulsive child, as I currently am watching you line up our shoes ever so nicely at the front door).  And what you value most is ballet, family, and Disney World- not too shabby of a list (I would definitely agree with 2/3 of it)!

Don’t grow up too fast Ellie.  I love your innocence.  Never feel pressured to do something you don’t want to.  But do have ambition, aspiration, and purpose (knowing that you are always welcome in our home)!

Love you Ellie!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment