Thursday, November 28, 2013

Life Lessons Month of November: Blog 5- Letters from Mom & Mimi



Hi Ellie,

Happy Thanksgiving!  You have a very privileged life, my love, and I don’t ever want you to take that for granted.  Appreciate what you have and keep in mind those who are less fortunate.

Life Lessoned Learned #39: Always remember to give thanks.

Even though we acknowledge what we are thankful for in our daily nighttime prayers, I wanted to spend some more time with you making a big list in honor of this special holiday.  Here are your top 23 things you are thankful for as you quoted them to me today:

1.     My family
2.     Snow
3.     Santa Clause
4.     Bunnies
5.     Christmas time
6.     Christmas trees
7.     A pink mouse (???)
8.     The elephant on the Disney safari ride that I would like to name Ellie
9.     My blanket
10. Disney World
11. Plies in ballet
12. Pictures that I draw
13. Cameras
14. Carrots
15. Stripes (I think you got sidetracked on my striped shirt here)
16. Soft Pants
17. Our couch
18. Flowers
19. Jumping
20. Railings on the stairs
21. Songs
22. Burp cloths for Will
23. The Goldilocks and the Three Bears book

I love how you think Ellie.  Even the smallest treasures don’t go unnoticed by you, my observant girl.  And I particularly adore your #1… you already understand that relationships are one of the most important things in this world!  Enjoy this wonderful holiday and be grateful everyday for your blessings.

I thank God everyday for you, your brother Will, and of course Kyle too.
Love you,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment