I think it's important to recognize that without you and Kyle, I wouldn't be a mom. And you are teaching me how to a mom everyday and I am enjoying every second of it.
I have never met anyone quite like you my free-spirited and independent girl. You are definitely your own person and I'm learning more and more about your personality as you grow. My favorites are:
1. You prefer to eat off of the floor and you actually think a day old Fig Newton is kind of tasty.
2. You are a risk taker. You leap into my arms at the pool, you climb any stairs that you see, and in a grassy field you take off. I don't think I will ever not be nervous again.
3. You are still an extension of my body. You want me to hold you almost always.
4. You are a drama queen and your "hard day" act is my favorite!
5. The dirtier and quite frankly the less amount of clothes on you, the happier you are. And you hate socks and shoes.
6. Being outside is your favorite place to be (aside from our living room couch).
7. You are quick and have a super-short attention span. After starting our evening prayers a few days ago, I found you digging in your trashcan.
8. You have never been a snuggler because you are so aware and alert of everything around you. So much for naps on the go!
9. You LOVE animals. And all animals to you are kitties, even those that have feathers.
10. Just as you did in all of the ultrasound pictures, you still cross your feet whenever you are still.
12. You have the silliest laugh ever and it makes me laugh just listening to it.
13. You hide your food underneath your body when you are finished and ketchup is your favorite food.
14. You are stubborn. We got you a plate that suctions to the table so that you can't throw your food but you are smart enough to pull that off and now the food really goes flying high in the air.
15. The Skype ring makes you giggle and get excited.
16. Your favorite toys are balls and cars (and you can make the appropriate vrooooom sound when you push them along) but you do have adorable moments with bears and baby dolls.
17. Quiet car rides are a thing of the best. You have found your singing voice... it sounds very much like a constant scream.
19. You have the most beautiful smile.
20. Your running and leaping hugs into my arms is heaven.
21. And every time you say Mommy, I melt.
Ellie, everyday is a new adventure. And looking at the world through your eyes makes all things new and exciting. I don't how it's possible but each day is better than the one before. I am so grateful that God gave me you and let me continue my journey through motherhood. Thank you for being the best daughter. You are strong and you are amazing.
One of my favorite poems reminds me of who you will become:
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies.
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.
It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them
They say they still can't see.
It's in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman
Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
I love you,